What’s Cooking? Family & Consumer Sciences Updates
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Want to know what is going on with the Family & Consumer Sciences (FCS) program over the next few months? For more information or to be on our email list about upcoming programs, send me your email or mailing address at email@example.com
- Join us for a “Warm Up with Winter Beverages” workshop at the Granville County Library in Berea on Thursday, February 8th, 2024 at 5:30 p.m.. Learn how to make drink mixes as gifts, hot cocoa bombs, and more during this workshop. Spots are limited. Register for this class by calling 919-693-1231 or email maggie.hall@granvillecounty.
- Keeping your heart healthy is something you can work on every day. Learn about strategies for developing healthy habits and common pitfalls. Bring your lunch and learn with us during this virtual workshop online on Tuesday, February 13, 2024 at 12:00 p.m. (EDT) Register at go.ncsu.edu/heart-habits
- Many people suffer from food allergies or are sensitive to certain foods. Join us to learn what you can eat when you can’t eat certain foods. Join us at the Person County Office on Wednesday, February 14th, 2024 at 12:00 p.m. for this workshop to learn how to make food safe choices to help you when you can’t eat some things.
- Come and join us at the Person County Senior Center on Wednesday February 14th, 2024 at 2:00 p.m. for our “Love Your Heart” Workshop. We will be celebrating American Heart Health month providing information about heart health, cholesterol, and good fats, versus bad fats, as well as have a try at some healthier snacks. This workshop is free and all are welcome.
- When shopping at the grocery store, it is always good to have a plan in order to reduce costs and make the healthiest decisions. Join us for a FREE “Cooking Matters At The Store” pop-up tour program on Monday, February 26, 2024 at 10:45 a.m. at the Granville County Senior Center in Oxford.