What’s Cooking? Family & Consumer Sciences Updates
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Want to know what is going on with the Family & Consumer Sciences (FCS) program over the next few months? For more information or to be on our email list about upcoming programs, send me your email or mailing address at email@example.com
- Enjoy our October Calendar to help give you tips to use throughout the month to be healthy.
- Our first “Get the Dish” Virtual Cooking Series workshop this month is on Slow and Easy. Learn to make delicious dump and go slow cooker meals the whole family will love. This weekly series takes place on Tuesdays so join us on Tuesday, October 3, 2023 at 2:00 p.m. (EST). Register for this FREE weekly series.
- We understand that the holidays can be very expensive and stressful for families and individuals. On Thursday, October 5th at 11:00 a.m., we are going to provide some tips to help you “Prepare for Your Holiday Spending” so you don’t get into debt or stretch yourself too thin. Register online.
- Join us at the Person County Office Auditorium on Tuesday, October 10th at 12 p.m. for a workshop on “Cancer Basics”. Did you know the following?
- A healthy diet can reduce your risk of of cancer
- Alcohol is a carcinogen
- Smoking is the leading cause of cancer and not just lung cancer
- Certain viruses can increase your risk for cancer. Participants will receive information about cancer basics, screening, and risk factors.
- Join N.C. Cooperative Extension of Person County at the North Granville Senior Center on Tuesday, October 17 at 10:00 a.m. for a workshop on Money Smart for Older Adults. This workshop will raise awareness among older adults and their caregivers on how to prevent fraud, scams, and other elder financial exploitation. The curriculum encourages advanced planning and informed financial decision-making.
- Four of our Extension Community Association (ECA) members from Person County will be traveling to our NC ECA State Conference on October 23 – 25, 2023 in Kill Devil Hills, NC. There will be an awards banquet, Cultural Arts craft contest, business meeting and workshops on Pollinators, Gardening & Cooking with Herbs, Leadership Ethics, and more!!
- Join us on Monday, October 30, 2023 at 9:30 a.m. for a special Halloween Exercise Class & Pumpkin Painting Craft Workshop at the Person County Office Auditorium. We will start with a nice warm up period, and then have a spooky good time with a fun 30-minute cardio, strength and flexibility workout from a personal trainer. This is an all-standing program with no floor work. We will use a small pumpkin as a weight for the exercise and then paint it as a craft afterwards.