El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Want to know what is going on with the Family & Consumer Sciences (FCS) program over the next few months? For more information or to be on our email list about upcoming programs, send me your email or mailing address at email@example.com
- The Granville County Extension Office is currently offering monthly wellness challenges to help you reach your fitness goals. Complete the De-Stress Challenge for September and turn in your form for a chance to win a prize.
- Also, we have our September Calendar to help give you tips to use throughout the month to be healthy.
- Help the Person County Extension Community Association (ECA)raise money at the FREE Friday Night Movie at the Kirby Theater on Friday, September 8th at 6:30 p.m. where we will be showing the Disney movie “Raya and the Last Dragon” and selling concessions.
- Join the Extension Office for our monthly Lunch N’ Learn workshop for only $5.00. Our “Healthy Ingredient Swap” workshop will be on Tuesday, September 12th at 12 p.m..We will talk about how to take some of your recipes and tweak them to substitute with healthier options or healthier cooking methods. Cost is $5 and you must register and pay by September 8th to the Person County Office Room 123.
- Did you know the following? • a healthy diet can reduce your risk of of cancer • alcohol is a carcinogen • smoking is the leading cause of cancer and not just lung cancer • certain viruses can increase your risk for cancer. Join us on Tuesday, September 19th at 10 a.m. for a workshop on “Cancer Basics”. Participants will receive information and resources about cancer basics, screening, and risk factors.
- In recognition of Falls Prevention Awareness Week, the first annual Kerr-Tar Region Falls Prevention Fair will be held Wednesday, September 20, 2023 from 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. at Vance Granville Community College Civic Center. This FREE event will feature $500 in cash and prizes, and fun day of information and activity.
- Join the Extension Office on Thursday, September 21st at 10:30 a.m. at the Person County Senior Center for a “Keys to Embracing Aging” workshop.We’re all aging, but whether we do so gracefully is up to us! Join your N.C. Cooperative Extension Office to learn 12 keys that can help you grow old successfully and increase longevity. No matter your age, you can take steps now to age well into the future.
- On Thursday, 21st at 5:30 p.m. at the Berea Branch Library in Granville County, enjoye a Culinary Gifts and Apple Butter workshop. Learn from adult services librarian Mel with an apple butter how-to demonstration and create gift decor for jars. Supplies provided. Recipes and handouts from the Cooperative Extension Office will be provided. These monthly Arts and Crafts workshops will explore different craft techniques. These programs are free and designed for adults, supplies are provided but registration is required.
- The Cornwall Community Garden Initiative crew has invited the Granville County Extension Office, Family Consumer Sciences (FCS) program to once again be a part of the “Friendship Stew” Community Day event on Saturday, September 23 from 2-6 p.m. as they Celebrate the Produce of Our Labor with Faith, Family, Friends, Fellowship, Food and Fun!!
- Join us from the comfort of your home as we teach an Extension At Home workshop every 1st Thursday of each month. Our next one is scheduled at 11:00a.m. on Thursday, October 5 and will be “Prepare for Holiday Spending”. The Extension Office understands that the holidays can be very expensive and stressful for families and individuals. Therefore, we are going to provide some tips to help you prepare for your holiday spending so you don’t get into debt or stretch yourself too thin financially. Join us for this free workshop at go.ncsu.edu/holiday-spending