El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Want to know what is going on with the Family & Consumer Sciences (FCS) program over the next few months? For more information or to be on our email list about upcoming programs, send me your email or mailing address at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Granville County Extension Office is currently offering monthly wellness challenges to help you reach your fitness goals. Complete the Plank Challenge for June and turn in your form for a chance to win a prize.
- Also, we have our June 2023 Calendar to help give you tips to use throughout the month to be healthy.
- Virtual & In-Person Canning Classes: Join us from the comfort of your home as we teach the basics of food preservation at 6:30 p.m. on May 30 (Sweet Spreads), and June 13 (Fermentation). Enjoy the flexibility to view live OR watch later at your convenience. You can choose by workshop topic or attend them all! Register online at go.ncsu.edu/preservingfood
- Join us from the comfort of your home as we teach an Extension At Home workshop every 1st Thursday of each month. Our next one is scheduled at 11:00a.m. on Thursday, June 1 and will involved a Family Fun Challenge. Enjoy the flexibility to view live OR watch later at your convenience. You can choose by workshop topic or attend them all! Register online at go.ncsu.edu/extensionathome
- Be sure to visit the new Stovall Farmers Market located at the Stovall Branch Library in Granville on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays In June, July and August from 3:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. each evening. There will be local produce, local vendors, food trucks, handmade crafts, and family fun.
The Extension Office will be at the market on Thursday, June 8th from 3:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. with our Donation Station booth. We will be providing information on nutrition, recipes, giveaways, and much more. We will also be collecting money and/or produce to be donated to help local people in need.
- “Healthy Homes” – You have two chances to join us for this workshop in June to learn about how to have a healthier home. Topics discussed include moistures issues, cleanliness, safety hazards, ventilation, pests, contaminants, maintenance, and much more!!
- Join us in-person on Tuesday, June 13, 2023 at 12:00 p.m. at the Person County Extension office at 304 South Morgan Street. Cost is $5 and you must prepay by June 8th.
- Join us virtually on Tuesday, June 20, 2023 at 12:00 p.m. (EST). Register online at go.ncsu.edu/fcsregistration
- The Granville County Extension Office will participate in the Juneteenth Freedom Day on Saturday, June 17th from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. at the Thornton Library & Wall Street in Oxford. Come and visit the Extension booth to get health information as well as learn about other Extension programs. There will be free books for kids, storytime, puppet show, Juneteeenth historical exhibit, music and dance, games, food and drinks.