El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Want to know what is going on with the Family & Consumer Sciences (FCS) program over the next few months? For more information or to be on our email list about upcoming programs, send me your email or mailing address at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join us again in walking 30 minutes per day for 30 straight days, starting Sunday, January 1st. Daily social media posts created by Cooperative Extension professionals from across the country. Join our group at tinyurl.com/30for30WAW
- Our first virtual workshop of 2023 will be on Tuesday, January 3rd at 3:00 p.m. (EST) and will focus on how to “Make Resolutions that Stick”. Register for this at go.ncsu.edu/granvilleevents
We will be helping offer a monthly “Extension At Home” series on the first Thursday of each month. The first workshop “A Body in Motion” will focus on physical activity and will be Thursday, January 5th at 11:00 a.m. (EST). Registration for this workshop and the rest of the series will be located at go.ncsu.edu/extensionathome
- “Dining with Diabetes” is a cooking and nutrition education program designed for people with diabetes and their family members or caregivers. In a series of four classes, discussions and demonstrations will help you learn healthy techniques to use in your own kitchen. The program includes learning about healthy foods and discussion with a certified diabetes educator. Join the Extension office on Fridays, January 6, 13, 20, and 27, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. at the Granville Senior Center at 107 Lanier Street Oxford, NC for this free 4-week series. Register by calling 919-693-1930 or email email@example.com
- “Eating for a Stronger, Healthier You” – We all hear so much different information about eating healthy and it can be difficult to navigate through it all. This lesson will teach you about all of the food groups, with a special focus on fruits and vegetables. Learn how smart food choices can fuel your body and mind.
- We will be in-person at the Person County Auditorium on Tuesday, January 10, 2023 at 12:00 p.m.. Cost is $5 and is due by Thursday, January 6th
- Or you can join us virtually on Tuesday, January 24, 2023 at 12:00 p.m. (EST). Register for the virtual workshop online at go.ncsu.edu/fcsregistration
- “Prioritizing Me in 2023” – We start off the year with such high hopes and set goals for the New Year focusing on ways to improve our health. Join the Extension Office on Wednesday, January 18th at 9:00 a.m. at the Granville County Senior Center to get some information, tips and ideas on how to use SMART goals to prioritize your health and make your health-related resolutions finally stick. Call 919-693-1930 to register.
- “Cut the Clutter “- Getting rid of your clutter means throwing it away, recycling it, donating, or selling it. Come learn some tips to help you declutter. Join us on Monday, January 23, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. at South Granville Senior Center at 114 Douglas Drive Creedmoor, NC. Call 919-528-0848 to register.
- “Mindfulness” – Learn how to eat with intention and to pay attention to your actual eating experience, without distraction. You will become aware of your eating habits and make changes for a healthier lifestyle. We want to help you get 2023 started off right with your resolutions to be healthier. Join us on Tuesday, January 24, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. at the North Granville Senior Center at 318 Highway 15 South, Stovall, NC. Call 919-693-3383 to register.