Share this Article
Also Coming Up
Learn about incorporating the Mediterranean Diet into your lifestyle. Eat primarily plant-based foods. Replace red meat with plant-based proteins, such as beans and legumes often. Eat seafood at least three times per week. Include fatty fish, such as mackerel and salmon. Avoid fried fish. Eat white-meat poultry, such as turkey and chicken, at least twice a week.
NC State Extension is hosting an information and discussion session for shared-use facilities, food hubs, commercial kitchens, food entrepreneurs, food processors, etc. The information shared in this workshop will provide clarity in solving the puzzle of food safety regulations in your operation. This session will help demystify the regulatory landscape and provide guidance on how your operation can comply with relevant food safety regulations.
• Foodborne illness outbreaks associated with shared use facilities and food businesses
• Overview of food safety regulatory landscape and specific regulations
• Existing food safety services provided by NC State Extension
• Q & A with representatives from various NC regulatory agencies
Speakers from the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (NCDA&CS) and the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS) will be featured to provide direct input and answer questions. Speakers include:
• Dr. Ben Chapman (NC State, Food Safety Extension Specialist/Associate Professor)
• Susan Parrish (NCDA & CS)
• Dr. Beth Yongue (NCDA & CS, Director of Meat and Poultry Inspection Division
• Felissa Vasquez (Buncombe County DHHS, Food and Lodging Supervisor)